Install or Upgrade BlackBerry Desktop Manager|
Install a Service Pack for BlackBerry Desktop Software
Download the BlackBerry Desktop Software package
Install BlackBerry Desktop Manager
- Go to www.att.com/bbdownloads and follow the on-screen instructions for software download.
NOTE: First time users can install the software from the CD-ROM. If upgrading software, close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Go to, and open the folder where you downloaded the "BlackBerry Desktop Manager" software on your PC.
- Double click on the file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for installation and configuration of the "BlackBerry Desktop Manager" software.
- The InstallShield Wizard screen will appear, click Next to begin.
- Select the desired language from the drop down list and click Next.
- Select the radio button for "I accept the terms in the license agreement" and click Next.
- The customer information will auto-populate based on the current user settings. Select the radio button for "Anyone who uses this computer" and click Next.
- The destination folder window will appear. Click Next to install this folder, or click Change install to a different folder.
- Select the radio button for "Typical" and click Next.
- Choose the desired type of e-mail access:
- Select the BlackBerry Internet Service option to configure an Internet Service Provider (ISP) e-mail such as POP or IMAP. Click Next and proceed to step 12.
- Select the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Desktop Redirector option to configure corporate e-mail on a Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino or Novell Groupwise server. Click Next and proceed.
NOTE: If unsure on the method of corporate e-mail connection, please contact your System/IT Administrator.
Uncheck the box for "Start desktop manager automatically each time the computer starts" and click Next.
- CORPORATE E-MAIL ONLY: Select the radio button for the e-mail system being used by the company and click Next.
- CORPORATE E-MAIL ONLY: Select the appropriate radio button based on the way e-mail will be accessed from the handheld and click Next.
Click Install to begin installation.
Once the installation is finished select the check box for "Yes, I want to start the Desktop Manager Software" and click Finish.