| Activating Bluetooth on a wireless device for connecting with ActiveSync
Activating Bluetooth on a wireless device for connecting with ActiveSync|
Informational Only | Unsupported: This solution is intended for informational purposes only. AT&T provides network, billing, and provisioning support for the wireless voice and data networks. AT&T does not provide technical support for ActiveSync. AT&T makes no warranties, express, implied or statutory, as to the content within this solution; such content is provided "as is" and with all faults, and your use of the content is at your own risk. Questions regarding this solution or any additional ActiveSync support must be directed to the device manufacturer, Microsoft at http://support.microsoft.com, or your internal IT department.
To use a Bluetooth connection, do the following:
IMPORTANT: The steps below are specific to PCs running Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later with Microsoft's native Bluetooth software. If using vendor-provided software on any operating system, including Windows XP Service Pack 2, the steps outlined below may deviate from the actual user experience. In such cases, use the instructions that come with that software to set up Bluetooth connections.
- Set up a Bluetooth COM port:
- Open the Bluetooth Devices Control Panel on the computer.
- On the "Options" tab, select Turn discovery on and Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.
- On the "COM Ports" tab, click Add.
- Select Incoming (device initiates the connection) and click OK.
- Note the number of the COM port that was added. The COM port number must be no higher than 20.
- Click OK to close the Bluetooth Devices Control Panel.
- Set up ActiveSync to use the Bluetooth COM port:
- In the ActiveSync desktop application on the computer, click the File menu and click Connection Settings.
- Select Allow connections to one of the following.
- Choose the COM Port with the number noted in the previous section - "Set up a Bluetooth COM port."
- Click OK.
- Start Bluetooth sync from the device:
If you are viewing information on devices or services, please note: content reflects instructions for devices and services purchased from AT&T.
Some differences may exist for devices not purchased from AT&T.