| Enter Text with the AT&T 8525
Enter Text with the AT&T 8525|
Entering Special Characters
Changing from Letters to Numbers
Changing Letter Case
Windows Mobile 5.0
AT&T 8525 Keypad Layout
ON SCREEN KEYPAD
General text info
- Enable on screen keypad, tap icon.
- Disable on screen keypad, tap icon.
Text entry methods
- Default on screen keypad layout.
- Shift on screen keypad layout.
- CAP on screen keypad layout.
- 123 on screen keypad layout.
NOTE: For encrypted fields where the characters are not being displayed when typing, it is recommend to use the on screen keypad for accuracy.
- When QWERTY keypad is enabled, default characters/functions are the "white" buttons. NOTE: Characters are lowercase by default.
- Shift button will capitalize the next character pressed.
- Red dot button located in the lower left hand corner, will enable secondary characters in red.
NOTE: To lock keypad for secondary characters in red, press the Red dot button twice. Press twice again to disable.
- Red dot button + secondary Cap button will enable all characters to be CAPS. NOTE: To disable repeat steps.
Inserting pauses and waits
- After a number is dialed, any numbers following the pause will be automatically entered after 2 seconds.
- While entering a number, add a letter "p".
- After a number is dialed, any numbers following the wait will be automatically entered once the user presses the send key.
- While entering a number, add a letter "w".
Additional information about this device can be found on the Microsoft support site at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile.|
If you are viewing information on devices or services, please note: content reflects instructions for devices and services purchased from AT&T.
Some differences may exist for devices not purchased from AT&T.