AT&T 8525 keypad layout
- Use of the following settings enables the AT&T 8525 to access MEdia Net (WAP) pages using the MEdia Net connection profile.
- Additional features such as Wi-Fi and device based e-mail along with other 3rd party applications may not be compatible with the proxy settings associated with the MEdia Net profile.
- If there are connection issues with e-mail and/or Wi-Fi, configure and use the My ISP profile to resolve connectivity issues. Please note that, configuring the AT&T 8525 to use My ISP will disable MEdia Net (WAP) web pages when My ISP is used for connectivity. However, regular Internet (HTML) web page browsing will function as normal.
Configuring MEdia Net access on the AT&T 8525
Select the Advanced Tab.
- From the "Start" menu, tap Settings.
- Tap the Connections tab, select the Connections icon.
Tap Select Networks.
Select MEdia Net.
With Cingular GPRS selected tap the Proxy Settings tab.
Verify the following settings then tap the Advanced tab.
Tab the HTTP field, enter the following settings and tap ok.
- This network connects to the Internet: Checked
- This network uses a proxy server to connect to the Internet: Checked
Tap the Socks field, enter the following settings and tap ok twice.
- Server: wireless.cingular.com
- Port: 80
Tap the Modem tab.
- Server: localhost
- Port: 1080
- Type: Socks 4
Tap Cingular GPRS and tap Edit.
Enter a name for the connection. From the "Select a modem" drop-down, select Cellular Line (GPRS) and tap Next.
In the "Access point name" field enter wap.cingular and tap Next.
Verify the following profile settings then tap Advanced:
Verify the following settings and tap Ok.
- Use server assigned IP address: Selected
- Use specific IP address: Unselected
- Use software compression: Unchecked
- Use IP header compression: Checked
Attempt a connection to MEdia Net
If problem persists, please contact AT&T Customer Service for wireless customers.