The Simultaneous Ring feature enables a user to set up to 10 phone numbers to ring simultaneously when any calls are received on the AT&T IP Flexible Reach phone number. The first phone to be answered is connected.
Note: A user can't use Simultaneous Ring and Sequential Ring at the same time. If both features are set to Enabled, Sequential Ring takes precedence. (If enabled, the Intercept Announcement feature takes precedence over all other active features and selective criteria. For details, see Intercept Announcement.)
With Simultaneous Ring, users must add criteria before the feature can be used.
To add or edit Simultaneous Ring criteria
- From any page in the AT&T IP Flexible Reach Customer Portal, click USER MANAGEMENT in the main menu bar. The Users List page appears.
- From the Users List page, click a user's name. The User Details page appears.
- On the Inbound Features tab of the User Details page, make sure that the feature availability is set to Yes.
For instructions on how to set availability, see About Inbound Call Features.
Caution: If you revoke and then restore a user's access to a feature, all settings created through the edit process, including saved criteria, will be lost.
- Click Simultaneous Ring. The Simultaneous Ring page appears.
- To add new criteria, click Add Criteria. The Add Simultaneous Ring Criteria page appears.
Note: To edit an existing item, to the right of Simultaneous Ring, under Actions, click the Edit icon . The Edit Simultaneous Ring Criteria page appears.
- In the Description field, enter or edit the criteria name, and then set Status to Active. To use the feature, at least one criteria must be active. To set up criteria to be used at some other time, set the status to Inactive.
- To the right of Current Schedule, select one of these options:
- To use the default schedule (Every Day All Day), select Default Schedule.
- To choose a custom schedule, select Custom Schedule, and then click Select Schedule. The Select Schedule window appears.
- Search or browse for the schedule you want. To select a schedule, under Action, click the Select icon .
- Set Ring on call(s) from. Select one of these two choices:
- Any Phone Number—Specifies that calls from any number will ring the specified phone numbers simultaneously.
- Following Phone Numbers—Specifies which calls will ring the specified phone numbers simultaneously.
You can specify a phone number by selecting one or more of these settings: Any Anonymous Number, Any Unavailable Number, Specific Number(s).
If you select Specific Number(s) , enter a number in the Phone Number field.
- To enter the first number, click Add a Number.
- To add each subsequent number, click Add a Number again.
Add the phone numbers to ring simultaneously, and select an Answer confirmation required setting. If Answer confirmation required is Yes, the user at that phone number will be prompted to enter a single-digit code to accept of each Simultaneous Ring call.
You can add up to 12 numbers.
Numbers can be up to 20 digits long in any format, but you must enter public numbers in the North American Numbering Plan as 10 digits without domestic prefix or country code.
International numbers entries are allowed and must start with + or 011.
You can't block numbers from within your enterprise.
Extensions are not allowed.
Wildcard characters are allowed:
- An asterisk (*) matches any sequence of digits. An asterisk can be used only at the end of a number entry, and can't be used to replace the entire number. For example:
- A question mark (?) matches any single digit anywhere within a Specific Number entry. It can even replace the first digit of the number. For example:
- When you've finished adding numbers, click Add. A message confirms the change.
You can now edit the criteria you've just created, or add more criteria.
To create exceptions to the rules you've created, click Add Criteria at the upper-right of the Regardless of above settings never use Simultaneous Ring for calls matching section. The Add Call Acceptance Criteria page appears.
Repeat steps 5 and 6.
Note: If you've entered the same phone number in For Calls Matching and Regardless of above settings never use Simultaneous Ring for calls matching, the For Calls Matching setting takes precedence, and calls from that number will be accepted.
After you've set Simultaneous Ring criteria, you're ready to set the feature.
To set Simultaneous Ring
- On the Features tab of the individual User page, under Action, click the Edit icon . The Simultaneous Ring page appears.
- In the For Calls Matching section, under Active, verify that at least one checkbox is checked next to the criteria that you want.
- In the Add Numbers to be called simultaneously section, under Answer confirmation required, specify whether users must confirm when they answer.
- Yes means that a person must answer the phone to end simultaneous ringing.
- No means voicemail can answer and end the simultaneous ringing.
- In the Regardless of above settings never use Simultaneous Ring for calls matching section, under Active, check the checkbox next to the setting you want. (Optional)
- Click Save. A message confirms the change.
Note: Checkboxes are available only when the page is in Edit mode.
Simultaneous Ring: Related Topics