AT&T Business Messaging
AT&T Business MessagingSM is a group notification and messaging solution that works virtually seamlessly with most business notification applications. AT&T Business Messaging delivers the reliable performance you need to quickly and conveniently communicate and collaborate with your mobile workgroups.
With AT&T Business Messaging,* you can:
- Send messages virtually anywhere, anytime.
- Use an app on both Android® and iOS® handsets and tablets.
- Send notifications to individuals or groups as large as 20,000 recipients.
- Rely on highly secure messaging features.
- Use with any major U.S. carrier. (Non-AT&T users simply need to opt into the service.)
- Receive sent, delivered, and read confirmations.
- Attach files, photos, and videos up to 5MB each and voice memos up to 5 minutes.
- Send and receive messages from your PC, mobile device, or tablet.
- Sync messages between multiple devices.
- Access SMS backup for when data is not available for the app.
- Share location and contacts.
- Use messaging protocols for Internet, email, and dial-up (SNPP, WCTP, SMTP, TAP).
- Control alerts and sounds for messages, and separate them from personal messages.
- Choose from flexible pricing plans.
- Access the AT&T Business Notification Center website for group notification.
- Use with any AT&T device capable of receiving text messages.
- Access technical support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
*While Business Messaging can be an effective way to increase worker productivity, it should not be used as the primary or sole method of sending notifications that contain information that is essential to the protection of life or property.
How It Works
AT&T Business Messaging gives application developers the freedom to use SNPP, WCTP, SMTP, or TAP protocols for easy integration with a wide range of notification applications. Messages can also be sent from a smartphone, tablet, or PC.
Business Messaging is easy to set up and use:
- Enable the AT&T Business Messaging feature for recipients’ eligible devices.
- Log in to the AT&T Business Notification Center or point your application to one of the AT&T Business Messaging addresses listed in the Frequently Asked Questions.
- If you want to use the Business Messenger app on an Android smartphone or iOS device, download from your app store.
- When you’re ready, type your message, select recipients, and send.
All notifications sent through the gateway are then processed for delivery. Recipients are quickly validated and messages are sent to workers armed with AT&T Business Messaging-enabled mobile devices.
24/7 Technical Support
Technical support is provided by AT&T Advanced Solutions Customer Service. Additionally, if your business activates 250 or more devices with AT&T Business Messaging, you can take advantage of Advanced Solutions Customer Service help desk, a specialized technical support group that can handle the complex needs of enterprises. Go to the Advanced Solutions Customer Service portal for AT&T Business Messaging self-help support materials.
Adding Business Messaging to your wireless plan
To add AT&T Business Messaging to your wireless plan, contact Customer Care at 800.331.0500 or dial 611 from your wireless device (within the domestic U.S.). Ask the representative to add the Business Messaging service to your plan. (Subject to eligibility.)
You can choose from our individual pricing plans or our bulk pricing plans. Additional charges, restrictions, and terms and conditions apply for frame relay and VPN connectivity. Contact an AT&T representative or visit wireless.att.com/business for details. See important information.
Individual Pricing Plans
The most common way of deploying Business Messaging is by adding an individual feature to each AT&T recipient’s account. Basic access can be added at a low cost per month and can be combined with any AT&T text messaging plan. Messaging bundles are another option to meet each recipient’s specific messaging needs. See important information.
Bulk Pricing Plans
Unlike individual pricing options, bulk pricing for corporate customers lets you purchase your entire Business Messaging service on a single account rather than purchasing separately for individual accounts. With licenses ranging from one seat through more than 4,000, Bulk Pricing allows you to provision any phone number or tablet with Business Messaging. Thus, even if your employees or contractors pay their own monthly phone bill, you can still include their phone numbers or tablets on your list of recipients. An administrative website is provided to manage the phone numbers and tablets, giving you centralized control and the flexibility to add and remove phone numbers and tablets from the list of recipients to keep up with a changing staff environment. See important information.
AT&T Business Notification Center
Login now to send
Business Messaging Technical Support
Get help and answers
to your questions
Have a business
Already a customer?
Access the online library
for AT&T Business
Messaging in our