Mobility Roadmap and Strategy
Enterprises are facing ever-growing demands to increase their competitiveness and improve employee productivity and business-to-business transactions. They're also constantly under pressure by consumers to make their services accessible across multiple channels. Enterprises today are experiencing the “Consumerization of IT” and need to introduce new ways in which to interact with their customers and their employees. Businesses that intend to leverage mobile technologies to solve some of their pressing business issues are faced with the daunting task of identifying and implementing the right solutions.
These solutions must be:
- Aligned with overall corporate goals.
- Scalable and capable of supporting future growth.
- Compatible with technologies already in place.
- Able to leverage existing information systems to improve productivity.
- Able to leverage the different architectures (such as Web, MEAP, and native) and support the various device platforms (including iOS®, Android™, Windows®, and BlackBerry® OS).
- Capable of evolving as the underlying technology changes.
A comprehensive enterprise mobility strategy helps you achieve the above stated goals. It enables businesses to clearly articulate their needs and priorities, and to align their technology investments with overall corporate goals.
Strategy and Technology consulting services from AT&T are designed to help you keep pace with the speed of evolving mobile technology. Our strategy consultants help you understand technology trends and how mobility can add value to your business processes. Consultants work with you to identify opportunities that will benefit from mobile technologies and to establish an overall mobility strategy that covers B2C, B2B, and B2E solutions. We'll develop reference architectures that support various scenarios, and we'll create high-level business case and ROI models. We'll also work with you to develop a strategy that will help ensure that standards are defined so that applications, solutions, and processes can be reused across your enterprise. And we'll help you establish a governance process that will enable your business to better manage the transition to mobility solutions.
Our strategy engagement can be divided into three distinct phases:
Discovery. The aim of the discovery phase is to establish a baseline understanding of overall corporate strategy, existing business processes and systems, and current experience with mobility, in order to align the mobility strategy with corporate goals. Key activities in this phase include:
- Reviewing and documenting core business processes.
- Identifying mobility opportunities.
- Reviewing current security processes and requirements for mobile access.
- Conducting an organizational scan to document the current level of experience with mobile technologies and the current infrastructure in place.
- Conducting workshops on best practices and technology trends on select mobility topics.
Analysis. In this phase, AT&T analyzes the data gathered in the discovery phase. We identify the resources, infrastructure, and policies needed to support the mobility strategy. Key activities in this phase include:
- Conducting a gap analysis based on current and future states for enterprise mobility.
- Developing criteria for prioritizing mobility opportunities.
- Developing user and solution profiles, and then developing a mobile solution development strategy based on these profiles.
- Developing a lifecycle deployment plan that supports internal mobile devices.
- Developing reference architecture for the top mobility solutions.
- Developing a high-level enterprise mobility governance model.
- Developing a comprehensive support model for both consumers and internal employees.
Call to Action. In this phase, we develop recommendations for various components of the mobility strategy. The strategy document lays out the sequence of actions and decisions necessary to move from the current state to the defined and desired state. Key activities in this phase include:
- Developing the overall mobility strategy.
- Developing a mobility roadmap that identifies the tactical steps needed to implement the strategy.
- Developing a high-level cost model for implementing the mobility strategy.
- Developing recommendations for mobility policy and governance.
Businesses that develop an enterprise-wide mobility roadmap and strategy find that:
- They're able to make better investment decisions based on the mobility needs across the organization.
- They can identify the critical decisions they need to make in order to successfully develop, deploy, and support mobility solutions.
- They are able to avoid making investments that become orphaned because they can't scale or can't be leveraged across the organization.
Working with AT&T to develop your mobility strategy enables you to:
- Leverage our deep understanding of wireless mobility technologies and solutions.
- Get a unique perspective on product and technology trends through our relationship with a number of top vendors.
- Gain access to subject matter experts who will help you craft a comprehensive strategy around security, application development, access, and governance.