Transforming the business of healthcare—wirelessly
The Challenge for Healthcare Companies
Today's mobile physicians, home care nurses, and other healthcare professionals are by definition mobile. As they travel each day from hospital to clinic to office to home, they're demanding convenient real-time access to patient information and clinical data.
AT&T's wireless services have helped healthcare providers gain a tangible, immediate return by wirelessly enabling the workflow of their mobile clinicians—allowing them to become leaders in their field.
AT&T serves the wireless needs of integrated delivery networks, community hospitals, home care and hospice providers, and academic medical centers nationwide. Our customers include technology leaders ranked among the 100 "Most Wired" hospitals (Hospitals & Health Networks) and on the "Best Hospitals Honor Roll" (U.S. News & World Report), as well as pioneers in emergency medical response such as American Medical Response.
Innovative Solutions for the Healthcare Industry
We offer the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network* backed by our proven enterprise-class wireless expertise and certified device and application vendors.
AT&T works with our healthcare customers to plan, pilot, and deploy the most efficient, cost-effective mobile healthcare solutions available, offering a wide variety of devices to suit healthcare needs on the go.
Benefits for Chief Medical Officer, Chief Nurse Executive**
- Improve quality of care and reduce the risk of error through real-time access to patient medical records and drug histories
- Reduce time spent by nurses, pharmacists, and administrative staff by eliminating duplication of tasks, paper handling, and associated costs
- Increase job satisfaction of healthcare staff
- Maximize time spent with patients
- Eliminate unwieldy "tool belts" through integrated wireless devices and pager replacement
Benefits for Chief Information Officer**
- The AT&T GSM™/3G network offers unmatched coverage, reliability, and availability
- Wide range of security options to enhance privacy and confidentiality
- GSM™ is a global standard so your solution works for your evolving needs
- Facilitate roaming between WWAN and Wi-Fi***
- Dedicated enterprise support center
- Broad network of system integration providers to assist in enabling your legacy infrastructure
Benefits for Physicians, Nurses, Mobile Healthcare Professionals**
- Eliminate travel to and from office and healthcare facilities
- Increase time spent with patients
- Improve quality of care
- Wirelessly retrieve and update sensitive medical information
- Make informed decisions while away from healthcare facility
- Update medical records so that everyone involved in patient care has the most accurate, up-to-the-minute information
- Increase job satisfaction with real-time access to critical information and increased efficiency
*Claim based on data transfer completion rates on nationwide 4G LTE networks. 4G LTE not available everywhere.
**Not all benefits apply to all available wireless solutions and actual benefits may vary by company.
***Requires use of AT&T Communication Manager software v 4.2 and a Wi-Fi compatible device with service activated on a qualified plan(s). See the LaptopConnect page for more information.
How can you maximize the return on investment (ROI) for your company's specific business processes? Ask an AT&T business expert.
Get Enterprise Paging from AT&T.