The Challenge for Utilities
Deregulation, consolidation, meeting regulatory requirements, and the pressures of cost reduction create tremendous challenges for utility companies today.
Electric services, water supply, and natural gas supply and distribution companies know that their success depends on the safe and efficient delivery of utilities, and the ability to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
While the need for private wireless networks was justified in the past, utilities are now realizing the benefits gained when moving to a public network.
AT&T recognizes the significant investments that were made in private wireless networks and proprietary applications; we also understand the importance of maintaining your private radio solution for emergency situations.
With our expertise in wireless, and the years of experience that our hardware, software and system integration providers bring, we'll assist in determining the areas in which to deploy wide-area wireless solutions and build upon the experiences of other AT&T customers in the utilities market.
Innovative Solutions for Utilities
- Field Service Solutions. With field service automation, technicians can obtain work orders and customer site information in the field on their wireless ruggedized laptops or handheld devices. Following their on-site activities (service disconnect, collection, and repair), technicians can record activities and close work orders in real time.
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Solutions. With AT&T's wireless network and AMI solutions providers from our ecosystem, AMI is a reality whether your project requires IP addressable meters or uses a meshed network.
Benefits for CIO and IT Managers*
- Frees up capital by minimizing the building of proprietary wireless networks
- Rapid deployment
- Wide range of security features designed to enhance privacy and confidentiality
- The GSM/GPRS network offers unmatched coverage and availability
- Dedicated enterprise support center
- Broad network of system integration providers to assist in enabling your legacy infrastructure
Benefits for VP Field Service and VP Distribution Automation*
- Increase number of work orders completed per field technician per day
- Increase first-time-fix ratio and reduce number of trips to customer site
- Improve regulatory compliance
- Increase ROI by deploying wireless solutions that expand existing applications and processes
- Lower costs of doing business through increased operational efficiencies: reduce administrative duplication, errors, paper handling, and associated costs
- Increase customer satisfaction and retention
Benefits for Field Technicians*
- Eliminate travel to office-respond to work orders while in the field
- Download and upload work orders faster, with greater accuracy
- Make more informed decisions while in the field
- Increase number of work orders completed per day
- Rapid on-site customer billing and payment
- Improve customer experience and service through access to customer and site histories while on-site
*Not all benefits apply to all available wireless solutions and actual benefits may vary by company.
How can you maximize the return on investment (ROI) for your company's specific business processes? Ask an AT&T business expert.