Connect your mobile workforce
Wirelessly enable your mobile workforce and give them access to important information whether they're at a customer's site, hotel, airport or traveling in between locations. Your mobile employees can manage email and access the Internet, business applications, and corporate intranets, making them much more productive while they're out of the office.
Speed and Coverage Where You Do Business
AT&T delivers wireless data access when and where you need it. BroadbandConnect provides broadband access in many metropolitan markets and elsewhere AT&T's EDGE network gives you the benefit of the largest high-speed wireless data network in the U.S.
The LaptopConnect Solution
AT&T's LaptopConnect solution has four basic components.
- Networks: AT&T's BroadbandConnect and EDGE networks offer the best combination of coverage and speed, allowing you to stay productive while you travel. Learn more about AT&T's wireless networks here.
- Devices: LaptopConnect Cards fit into the type II slot in the side of your laptop, allowing you to connect to AT&T's wireless network. Or you can tether your data-enabled AT&T phone to your laptop to function as a wireless modem. There are a variety of flexible ways to get connected including USB, Infrared or Bluetooth. Click here to learn more about LaptopConnect Cards or here to learn more about using your phone as a modem.
- Rate Plans: Our flexible and affordable data plans let you drive up productivity in the field while keeping down your connection costs.
- Software: AT&T Communication Manager runs on your laptop and manages connections to AT&T's wireless networks. Communication Manager is included with your modem purchase.
Get connected on the AT&T Network—now available as a built-in option on select laptops from leading manufacturers such as Dell™, Lenovo™, and Sony. Click here to learn more about our integrated solutions.
- AT&T's BroadbandConnect network provides broadband speeds in many metropolitan markets. BroadbandConnect Coverage
- BroadbandConnect is built on the global standard for 3G wireless with more than 100 carrier network deployments and more than 75 carriers committed to deploying across the globe
- AT&T plans to deploy BroadbandConnect in most major metropolitan markets by the end of 2006
- BroadbandConnect is the only 3G technology supporting simultaneous voice and data
- BroadbandConnect provides average download throughput of 400-700 kbps and upload throughput up to 384kbps on compatible devices. AT&T is committed to providing BroadbandConnect compatible devices that are backward compatible with EDGE
- The combination of BroadbandConnect and EDGE gives AT&T a premier wireless data network
- AT&T's EDGE network is the largest national high-speed wireless data network in the U.S. EDGE Coverage
- Coverage in over 13,000 cities and along almost 40,000 miles of U.S. highways covering over 250 million people
- Average download speeds of 70-135 kilobits per second
See our LaptopConnect Support page.
If you have any questions, please call our business solutions experts at 866-429-7222.