Mobilize Your Laptops
Mobile workers can use many different AT&T handsets as wireless modems to connect their laptops to the AT&T wireless data networks. By wirelessly enabling their laptops, your mobile employees can stay in touch with customers and co-workers when out of the office.
When using a handset as a modem, you gain the benefits of AT&T's LaptopConnect solution.
AT&T offers a number of data-capable handsets that can be used as wireless modems. Click here for a list of devices compatible with AT&T's tether solution.
Connecting your handset to a laptop
Handsets can be attached to a laptop via a cable or, if your handset and laptop are capable, via Bluetooth®. Please consult the user manuals of both your handset and laptop to determine which method best meets you needs.
If you wish to use either a serial or USB cable, and one was not included with the purchase of your handset, please visit our online Accessories Store.
AT&T offers an easy-to-use software package, AT&T Communication Manager, to help you access the AT&T wireless data networks with your wireless handset. This software is free of charge and can be downloaded from here.
Quick, easy installation
To get started using a handset as a wireless modem, simply:
- Choose a handset from the list of supported tethered handsets.
- Select a DataConnect service plan.
- If desired, purchase any additional accessories, such as a USB or serial cable.
- Download and install the AT&T Communication Manager software. Communication Manager runs on your laptop and allows you to control how and when your laptop connects to AT&T's wireless network. It is available free of charge.
- Launch Communication Manager.
- Connect your handset to your laptop. If you are using Bluetooth to tether, refer to your device user manuals to find specific information about how to pair your devices.
- Click Connect on the Communication Manager interface to connect to the AT&T wireless data network.
Spotlight on savings
See the latest wireless
deals and phones from
Have a business