AT&T Wi-Fi & Hotspots
LaptopConnect—now available with AT&T Basic Wi-Fi
More internet access in more places
Be productive in even more places. In addition to accessing AT&T's 3G and EDGE mobile networks, LaptopConnect customers with a qualified data plan can now get complementary AT&T Wi-Fi Basic access at thousands of hotspots nationwide. Participating locations include Starbucks® stores* and select airports, restaurants, and other familiar places you already visit. That means it will be even easier to stay connected when away from home or the office.
Here's how it works.
What you'll need:
- A current DataConnect service plan of $20.00 per month or higher
- A Wi-Fi enabled laptop running Windows Vista®, XP, or 2000
- AT&T Communication Manager version 6.8 or higher, which is free with your LaptopConnect device and can be downloaded here. To check the version of AT&T Communication Manager you have now, open the software and navigate to Help—>About Communication Manager.
- A LaptopConnect card or USB device
How to get started:
- At an AT&T Wi-Fi Basic location, insert your LaptopConnect card or USB device (required for user identification). You may find AT&T Wi-Fi Basic locations by visiting the hot spot locator and searching for "Basic Only" locations.
- Launch AT&T Communication Manager version 6.8 or higher. Communication Manager will automatically select AT&T Wi-Fi Basic hot spots for you when you're in range.
- When prompted to connect to an AT&T hot spot, click Connect.
- Communication Manager will take a moment to establish your connection. After it confirms that a connection is established, launch your browser, email application, or other internet application and you'll be ready to go.
*Wi-Fi at Starbucks available at U.S. company-operated Starbucks locations equipped with a hot spot
Get more information
Spotlight on savings
See the latest wireless
deals and phones from
Why shop Premier?
Great offers on
the latest phones