Wireless enterprise activation enables a user to remotely activate a handheld on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server without a physical network connection. Wireless enterprise activation can also be used to deploy a large quantity of BlackBerry handhelds.
- Verify the RIM BlackBerry is using Handheld Software version 4.0 or later
- Verify the BlackBerry Enterprise Server version is 4.0 or later
- Verify the service is provisioned with a RIM BlackBerry Enterprise data rate plan
- Verify the device displays at least two bars of signal and a data attach
- Obtain an Enterprise Activation password from the BES/IT Administrator
NOTE: The Password will become invalid after five unsuccessful activation attempts or if the account is not activated within 48 hours after the password is created. In both cases the BES/IT Administrator will have to create a new password.
Perform a wireless enterprise activation
- Access the Enterprise Activation screen.
Enter the e-mail address and password information provided by the BES/IT Administrator.
Click the trackwheel/trackball, then select Activate.
The device will display the status of the process.
Once the activation is complete, the "Activation Complete" dialog box will appear.
- If using BlackBerry Handheld Software 4.0, scroll to and select Options>Enterprise Activation.
- If using BlackBerry Handheld Software 4.1 or later, scroll to and select Settings>Options>Advanced Options>Enterprise Activation.