BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) 2.x Overview
Access the BlackBerry Internet Service account
Create a BlackBerry E-mail Address
- Access the BlackBerry Internet Service at www.mycingular.blackberry.com.
- In the "BlackBerry Device Email Address" section, click Create Address.
- Enter the desired "User name" and click Next.
A confirmation will appear when the account has been successfully created. Click OK.
- If the "User name" has already been taken, select another user name from the suggestions list or type a new one and click Next.
NOTE: An individual service book will be received for each integrated e-mail account. RIM BlackBerry devices using Handheld Software version 4.1 and later will receive a separate Messages inbox icon for each integrated e-mail account.
The BlackBerry e-mail account will appear in the "Valid E-mail Account" section.
NOTE: The BlackBerry e-mail address created for the BlackBerry Internet Service account will be in the following format: email@example.com. Users that activated BlackBerry Internet Service prior to 9/22/2007 received a firstname.lastname@example.org address and will automatically be migrated to the new format. The email@example.com address will automatically redirect to the new format until 03/01/2008.
Verify e-mail messages can be sent and received
- If more then one e-mail service has been integrated, set the "BlackBerry Device E-mail Address" as the default sending service.
- Send a test message from the device and confirm it is received in the recipient's inbox.
- Send a test message to the "BlackBerry Device E-mail Address" and confirm it is received on the BlackBerry device.
NOTE: The "BlackBerry Device E-mail Address" created for the BlackBerry Internet Service account will be in the following format: <username>@mycingular.blackberry.net.
- If unable to send or receive e-mail, troubleshoot BlackBerry Internet Service e-mail.
- If the message is not received after 2 minutes, check for known BlackBerry Internet Service issues and error.
- If further assistance is needed, please contact Customer Care.